Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Wild Weekend

Last week was kinda crazy! I went to Girl's Camp from Monday thru Wednesday. On Friday, Jay and Jax went on the Father/Sons Campout with my dad and his ward. They had to drive a couple hours to get to the campground. They packed so much stuff in my dad's Navigator that Jax was pretty much sitting in a hole in the third seat. Jay and Kyle were in the middle and Geoff sat up front with my dad.

They had a great time just hanging out and playing with fire. Jax said his favorite part was sleeping in the tent and have stick races in the river. Both Jay and I have definitely caught the camping bug now. We'll have to plan a little trip next month with the whole family.
While the boys were gone, the girls decided to get together and have a little fun. I took Sierra and Brooke out shopping, then my mom and sister, Jenn came over. We cooked spaghetti for dinner, then gave ourselves pedicures. We soaked our feet, put on a foot mask, lotioned them up, and painted them. Since Brooke can't hold still, she was done in about 5 minutes, while the rest of us had 10 more minutes to soak. We had to paint her fingernails to keep her occupied, but it still wasn't enough. She splashed around in her bucket and ended up dumping most of it on the floor. As soon as we were done, it was off to bed for Brooke.

In the meantime, Jenn had convinced Sierra to sleep over at her house. I wanted to make some flower hair clips for the girls, so we started on that for a few minutes before Sierra and Jenn took off. They watched movies at her house and went to bed.
It was quiet in the house and I didn't quite know what to do with myself with everyone gone. It was a nice change. I read for awhile and went to bed.

Brooke was up bright and early as always and I was able to just spend some time with her. That usually doesn't happen with two older siblings in the house. Jenn brought Sierra back over around 11 and ended up staying and going to her soccer game with us. The boys had just gotten home before we did and they were immediately sent to the shower to rid themselves of the campfire smell. Everyone had a good time and it was nice to have everyone home again!

1 comments:

watsit2u said...

great girl time! nice! beautiful hair clips, too!