Tuesday, March 16, 2010

11 Years Together

Yesterday was our 11th Anniversary! Time has just flown by and we are as happy together now as we have ever been! We celebrated by going out to dinner at one of our favorite places: Goodwood Barbecue. It is soooo good. We always get their ginormous onion rings and split the three-meat plate. We also did a lot of shopping. It is so much easier to get things accomplished without the kids trailing along behind us! Actually, most of the time they are running away from us and into other people. But, one of our favorite things is just to hang out and be together. Jay was looking for some nice clothes to wear to his meetings this week, and I've had my eye out for a new camera since ours kerplunked a few weeks ago. We were both successful at finding what we needed and I can't wait for my camera to get charged this morning!

Here's a little history about us:
We met at Blockbuster Video in 1996. Jay had just returned from his mission and I was only working there a few more weeks before I left for school at SUU. I was rather disappointed that I was quitting right when this new, totally hot, guy had just started working there! As luck would have it, I moved back home after a year and got my old position back at Blockbuster. Jay was still there and I was excited to get to know him. It took 5 months before I was able to get him to ask me out. You see, I'm kinda old-fashioned and wasn't going to make the first move, and Jay is kinda slow and didn't get it together for awhile. After a few months, we were going out quite often, even though it took forever before he kissed me. My mom and sisters had quit asking me about it every night. They just figured he never would. Now he claims it was just a wierd circumstance since we worked together and he wasn't sure how it would work out. Seems like it ended up working out pretty well!
We were engaged a year after we started dating, and got married in the Salt Lake Temple after the tradition of our parents. It was a warm, windy day in March, and it was the best day of our lives.
We are the type of couple who loves to do everything together. We never spend any time apart, if it can be helped, and we never get sick of eachother. We love sports, whether it is participating, or watching them. We love the outdoors and spending time hiking, biking, and camping. We are best friends and companions for eternity! I couldn't ask for a better husband and father. Jay is the love of my life and my soul mate forever!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Congrats!

Kristen said...

AAAAHHH! Cheesy!

QB Family said...

Happy Anniversary!

Heather and AD said...

I've never heard the story of how you two got together! So cute!